She Likes to Eat the Dirt

Hey, you did it. I'm just mocking it.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

And the Oscar goes to…

On today’s Yahoo! Buzz Log, the following are the top movers in the movie category:

1. Paradise Now
2. The Goonies
3.
Walk the Line
4. Ang Lee
5. Academy Awards

Now, it’s easy to make the connection between four out of five of these searches. But why the sudden increase in The Goonies? Being a Goonies connoisseur myself, I couldn’t help but notice its appearance on this list among this year’s Oscar hopefuls. Has it become okay to submit films now decades after they’ve been released? Will Corey Feldman finally receive the award he’s coveted and felt robbed of for decades? Has One-Eyed Willy returned to take back his sunken treasure? Or is this simply an example of how the world wide web loves to taunt me with obscure references to movies I enjoyed in years past?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home