She Likes to Eat the Dirt

Hey, you did it. I'm just mocking it.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Au revoir, Allie.

While I missed the season premiere of the most recent incarnation of The Bachelor, there’s been no shortage of scoop on Dr. Allie Garcia-Serra, one of the castoffs from the first episode. In the season premiere, Allie didn’t shy away from letting Dr. Travis Stork, this season’s bachelor, know that she’s ready for her own stork visit, that her biological clock is ticking and the countdown has begun. That’s an interesting approach. I’ve never tried it myself, but imagine that it may not be the best way to go about attracting a man you’ve just met, who may not quite be ready, immediately after your introduction, for that level of commitment. Perhaps it’s just me….or just me and Dr. Stork, as he didn’t grant Allie a rose at the end of the show. And given her reaction, I bet he is plenty pleased with himself. On camera, Allie demanded to know why she wasn’t selected, accusing the doc of not liking her body and lying about his desire to have a family. Again, I have to think that this wouldn’t be the way to go about convincing this year’s Bachelor that he made a bad decision. Nor would calling him a phony on-screen – definitely not rose-worthy behavior.

While Allie admits, in retrospect, that she might have lost her composure (understatement of the week), she blames crafty editing for how she was depicted to viewers. "When I saw it, I saw myself as a pathetic, desperate girl wanting to reproduce right now and that's so not me.” Allie says in an article in the South Florida Sun Sentinel. What a phony!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home