She Likes to Eat the Dirt

Hey, you did it. I'm just mocking it.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Poetry in motion.

Thomas Dolby, the man behind the 1980s hit She Blinded Me With Science, thinks Kevin Federline is doing even more than Playing With Fire.

Or so he seems to, according to a report on
www.mtv.com. Kevin recently sampled the well-known pop tune on the America’s Most Hated track, part of his new Fire album, without permission. Oops. And Mr. Dolby, not impressed with Kevin’s illegal procurement of the song or his talent, is considering suing Mr. Spears for disregard of copyright laws.

"You can't just take a very well-known piece of music and add your own vitriolic rap over the top of it and get away with it," MTV News reported Mr. Dolby as saying. "If anybody's going to sing nasty lyrics over my music, it's going to be me."

Mr. Dolby was alerted to the existence of Kevin’s track by a Science fan, who was able to hear it on Kevin’s myspace page. Shortly after learning about the unauthorized sample, Mr. Dolby requested Kevin remove it immediately (which he has).

"I considered turning a blind eye to it other than, as I mentioned on my site, asking him politely to take it down," Dolby also said. "But I found out today that it aired on VH1 last week. So it's more than just an MP3 download…It's like what Vanilla Ice did with Ice Ice Baby [illegally sampling Queen and David Bowie's Under Pressure], although I think Vanilla Ice is a superstar compared to this guy."

Ouch. Ice, ice baby, too cold (too cold)…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home